Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Pi Day!

Hello, Friends!   To all of you who wrote and asked where were the new posts and where was I, I am here and I am sorry.  Between Alexis's two birthday parties, kids' doctors' appointments, swim and piano lessons, making sure the governments gets its taxes in April, and a picked up workout schedule, I haven't had the time to post.  And even though it's really late now, I wanted to wish all of you Happy Pi Day!  Not that I ever loved math, but if I get to eat pie, it can't be all that bad.

Today after work, I picked up the girls and we went to The Fresh Market.  Fish Fridays are a big deal there during Lent, so I picked up some sashimi tuna steaks for just $3.99, some new European and American chocolate to try, some cheese from France, and, of course, a freshly baked apple pie.  There was a very friendly lady giving out samples of apple pie with vanilla ice cream at the entrance and the girls were thrilled.   Although Alexis asked for just ice cream claiming that she doesn't like apple pie.   Yes, we've found that one person who doesn't like apple pie.  And she lives in our house.

We grilled tuna steaks for dinner, steamed the mussels for Emily, went for a walk by the lake and admired the evening skies.




I hardly ever buy commercial baked goods, but this pie was delicious.   Especially with ice cream.  And it made a perfect ending to a hectic week.








No comments:

Post a Comment