Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Kids Ask for Broccoli. No, Really.

Like most responsible parents, I want my kids to eat their vegetables.  I am succeeding for the most part, with mainstream things like tomatoes and cucumbers.   They even eat onions and cabbage.   Broccoli has been a hard sell until one day I "undercooked" it.   They tried it and Emily exclaimed that she wants to eat this broccoli every day and would I please make it again, just like this.    

The "trick" is to bring water to a boil, put in a pinch of salt, then add the florets and let them boil for about 2 minutes.   When the broccoli is still vibrantly green, it's time to drain it and put it in ice bath (cold water + ice) to stop the cooking.  I then dress it with the Garlic Expressions, but I would imagine anything else that ads similar flavor will work just as well.



1 comment:

  1. Tried the same recipe but for green beans. Worked great!

    ReplyDelete