Follow @PralinesCrunchs

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Renovated Chocolate Cake




My kids love chocolate cake.   Or anything chocolate, for that matter.  Since I usually end up taking a bite here and there, I was happy to find this "renovated" chocolate cake recipe on bethenny.com, which appeared easy and quick.  It has no eggs and is made with oat flour instead of wheat flour.   It also has a lot less fat than a typical recipe, but it is so moist that you might think there are a couple of sticks of butter in it.   I modified the recipe a bit, swapping unsweetened almond milk for the soy milk and sun butter for the peanut butter in the glaze (I will use almond butter next time).  I also substituted extra virgin olive oil for the canola oil Bethenny used in the cake.  And instead of cocoa powder I melted some chocolate truffles to make about 1/2 cup of melted chocolate.

Here is how it all came together.



(1 1/4 cup oats)


(making oat flour in the Vita-Mix)


(2 tablespoons olive oil)


(1 cup sugar)




                                       (1 cup warm water)


  (2 tsp real vanilla extract)


                                     (melted chocolate truffles)



                                  (mixing it all together)


(making the glaze)

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes, let cool completely before removing and glazing.

Taster approved!



No comments:

Post a Comment